What To Expect
You will visit the most important Magellan penguins colony in Patagonia.Almost one million of these lovely creatures arrive from the Atlantic to this place every year in order to breed, incubate their eggs, and prepare their offspring for migration. When your cruise ship docks at the Puerto Madryn port, you will be picked up by your professional guide and taken to Punta Tombo, located 2.5 hours south. This peninsula, a fauna and penguin preservation area created in 1979, is home to the most important Magellan penguins colony in Patagonia. The first penguins arrive in September and stay until April, the best season to see them is after November, once the babies were born, so this is the perfect opportunity for you to experience the penguins! Your guide will lead you down the 2-mile (3-km) stretch of beach so you can get up close to these amazing animals. Walk among the penguins, witness their habits, and see how they feed their babies, fight for the defense of their territories, and build their nests. You will watch these tender animals more closely than you ever imagined you could! After this unique wildlife experience, you will be taken back to the Puerto Madryn port
Ballena Franca Austral
Av. Julio Argentino Roca 19, U9120AIA Puerto Madryn, Chubut, Argentina Open in Google Maps
-The guide will be waiting for you at the PORT EXIT, about 300 feet from the ship with a sign that reads CALA TOUR#1
– The tour starts 30 minutes after ship arrival
– In case you require a vegetarian menu contact us, please.
This activity ends back at the meeting point
All Fees and Taxes
Professional local tour guide
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.